Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Switch Places with for 24 Hours

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Switch Places with for 24 Hours.

So first let me just say that I totally have to put a lot of stipulations on this 24-hour swap thing. Like which 24 hour period specifically. I found this Top 10 list—while fun—extremely challenging. Almost every character I looked at I just couldn’t see myself wanting to be them or in their world even for a time as short as 24 hours. Plus I'm pretty happy in my life/world. So here goes. In no particular order:

1) Rose from Vampire Academy – As long as it’s a 24 hour period with no Strigoi or crazy human people trying to help Strigoi. More specifically a 24-hour period I could spend with Dimitri would be ideal. (I promised my husband I wouldn’t pick all of my characters based off the guy they get to spend time with, but Rose and Dimitri are exceptions.)

2) Katsa from Graceling – Kicking-butt and taking names--I’m for it. Shoot, I would LOVE to be in a medieval time period with castles and kings and queens, especially if I had a Grace that would ensure my survival.

3) Fire from Fire of the Graceling series – Although I’m sure hearing people’s thoughts would be a burden if you had to deal with it your entire life, a 24-hour period might not be so bad. I’m rather curious.

photo credit

4) Dany from A Song of Fire & Ice – Because I wanted so desperately to add a character from this series to my list and I just simply couldn’t think of a single character other than her that I think I would even dream (in my worst nightmares) of having to live out a 24-hour period in their shoes. And while Dany’s not in the best position ever (where I am in the books anyway), at least she’s got 3 dragons. That’s pretty cool right? I could spend my 24-hours playing with her dragons. Plus hello…she’s a queen!

photo credit

5) Hermione from Harry Potter – Because she’s brilliant and being in the wizarding world would be pretty awesome I think, especially to be as talented as she is. But can we make sure this 24-hour period takes place in the time period after the end of The Deathly Hallows?

6) Arwen from The Lord of the Rings – Because I’d love to see what Middle Earth is really like up close and personal, but specifically Rivendell. Beautiful!

7) Stephanie Plum from Stephanie Plum – Because I think I’d be hilarious to hang out with Lula for a 24 hour period. I wouldn’t want to be Lula…but hanging out with her would be awesome!

photo credit

8) Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia – Because she still has that childlike wonder about her. I’d love to be able to see Narnia for myself too. And because she’s such a central character. Her relationship and faith in Aslan…well….symbolic as it is….yeah, I want that.

9) Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice – Specifically on a day where there's a ball. I love this time period in history and I think it’d be great fun to go to a ball. And while I do love me some Mr. Darcy, it’s not even about him. I chose Elizabeth out of the heroines in this time period because she’s got a good head on her shoulders. I agree with a lot of her thinking, and she could careless whether she’s bestowed the honor of being asked to dance by the most prestigious men in the room or not. She’s just happy to be there and have a good time.

10) Lucy from Graffiti Moon – Because I’m not an artist myself and she is. And it’d be pretty cool for 24 hours to be in the mind of an artist and see what they see when they look at the world and when they look at other art. And aside from that glass blowing is a pretty wicked cool talent to have. And on top of that, she lives in Australia.

Characters I wanted to choose, but couldn’t bring myself to even want to be in their shoes for a 24 hour period: Katnis from The Hunger Games, Tris from Divergent, any other character from A Song of Fire & Ice (Arya, Sansa, Tyrion even, Jon, Catelyn), Bitterblue fromBitterblue, Grace from Shiver, Puck from The Scorpio Races, Gabry from The Dead Tossed Waves, I couldn't even choose Echo from Pushing the Limits--which is one of my favorite reads for 2012…I’m sure there are others that I thought about and ruled out as options, but I can’t think of them now. Hope you enjoyed my list. If you could trade places with a character for 24 hours, who would you want to trade places with?

4 comments:

  1. I like your list! I had Luna on my list instead of Hermione. I really want to start reading the Graceling series. It sounds really good. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Jorie's Reads!

    Hermione, Stephanie Plum, and Elizabeth Bennet are fine choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Jorie's Reads.

    Hermione, Stephanie, and Elizabeth are great choices. I wish I had thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh I just love your list! I didn't even think of Elizabeth, but she is definitely someone I would trade places with for 24 hours :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete