Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Post - 38 & Stacking the Shelves - 11

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This has been a big week for me. Meetings at work. My mother-in-law's birthday was Thursday, and then she retired on Friday. Busy, busy busy...

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage by Stormie Omartian (4.5 Stars)

Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Just Had to Buy But Are Still Unread

Wednesday: Spring Cleaning Giveaway Hop (Ends March 25th)

Thursday: Review of No Mercy (Cambion, # 2.5) by Shannon Dermott (4 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, # 3) by Richelle Mead and the Spring Cleaning Giveaway Hop Ends

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Recommend Most

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Thursday: Review of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Friday: Review of The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, # 1) by Julie Kagawa

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, # 3)

By: Cassandra Clare

Published: March 19th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

568 pages

Source: Personal Library

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?

Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

I'm still trying to keep my book acquiring to a minimum until the end of the month. Also since I'm participating in this challenge, I figured I'd give a recap of how I'm doing so far.

I've read 7 books from my TBR pile since the beginning of March. They are:

1. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, # 1) - Robin LaFevers

2. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, # 1) - Julie Kagawa

3. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, # 1) - James Dashner

4. The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, # 1) - Jessica Sorensen

5. Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, # 1) - JL Bryan

6. Rule (Marked Men, # 1) - Jay Crownover

7. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, # 1) - Jessica Sorensen

I finished Walking Disaster (Beautiful, # 2) by Jamie McGuire and Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, # 3) by Cassandra Clare this past week as well, but since neither have a publication date before this month they don't count toward this challenge.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

24 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to The clockwork Princess. Have a great week.

    Thanks for stopping by.
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I wanna start this series soon. Happy reading :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/stacking-shelves-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Awesome week you have ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving Clockwork Princess!! It's so good!! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indigo Spell! Jane Eyre -- great week ahead!
    I am on vacation next week but will try to stop in when I get back!

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't even started the first two books in The Infernal Devices series but had to pick up Clockwork Princess because it's the Collectors first published addition :P I need to get to this series asap! Thanks for stopping by my post!!!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for Clockwork Princess! Well, I guess I should probably read Clockwork Prince first so I need to get to that soon! Happy reading :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I'm looking forward to reading The Clockwork Princess. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Melody @ Adventures in Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see how you like The Immortal Rules. I personally loved it! Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your restraint and your progress reading down your TBR list. I can only glance at my TBR mountain since I am mainly reading review books these days. I read Grave Mercy recently from my stack though. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've managed 8 books and 2 novellas for the tbr pile challenge, not sure how many more i'm going to get read though cause I'm doing another challenge and have to read books for that! Good luck though! and hope you enjoy clockwork princess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep hearing about Clockwork princess, but I haven't read any books by Cassandra Clare yet. I am looking forward to reading your review of The Indigo Spell!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on your TBR pile. Happy Reading!

    Book of Secrets: Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Clockwork Princess made me cry so SO much, I just finshed it in the middle of the night and my eyes are all puffy and horrible today.
    Oh, and good job with your challenge! I've done a lousy job with mine.
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like you, I've been trying not to add too many new books this month -- but you're definitely doing better than me in the TBR Pile reading challenge! I think I'm on book 3 (or maybe 4, if you count the audiobook I probably won't finish in March.) Oh, well, the important thing is that we're reading, right?

    You have a great week planned. I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're making progress on your TBR pile and I'm impressed with your restraint at not getting new books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are rocking the Take Control Challenge my friend! Have a wonderful week!The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on the Take Control Challenge! I need to see how I'm doing...probably badly, lol. I'm interested to see what you thought about Jane Eyre, it's one of my favorites and not a lot of people review the classics.

    I hope you enjoy your week and thank for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow 7 books on the TBR Challenge! Amazing! :-D And Clockwork Princess too - everyone seems to be getting that this week :-) I still really need to start that series. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have done better than I have on the Reading Challenge! :) I just bought Clockwork Princess! Excited to read it :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on getting through your back log. Grave Mercy is edging it's way to the top of my TBR pile. Have heard such wonderful things but it's size is daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you enjoyed the books you reviewed last week. :) Wonderful. And hope you have a great week this week too.

    I have a Sunday Post up this week too, if you'd like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/sunday-post-4.html?showComment=1364173793146#c4970360393493176322

    ReplyDelete
  23. CLOCKWORK PRINCESS! I need to buy that ASAP! I'm so proud that you've already read 7 books this month. Makes me feel awful that I've only read 4 or 5, lol. Awesome job, hon! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete