Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Top Ten Book Related Problmes

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is My Top Ten Book Related Problems.

Any book related problems I have are all “first world problems.” So please, don’t take me too seriously here. These are not legitimate things that I complain about in my life. The world has so many larger problems than these.

  1. When all of my kindles don’t sync. I’m usually reading on my Paperwhite at home and my phone on the go. I’ve got two other kindles but those are loaned to family members for now. But yeah. Annoying.
  2. While I’m on the subject of kindles, I’ve borrowed my SNL’s 1G/2G kindle (she has a Paperwhite too) so I can have access to her books ALL THE TIME, but that device doesn’t have a backlight and I can’t read in the dark or low light areas.
  3. I’ve got more books in my possession than I can read in a year. Surely this doesn’t sound like a problem to most people, but it stresses me out a bit because I WANT TO READ THEM ALL……NOW!
  4. The obvious problems. How when I finish a really good series it takes me a while to be able to cope with life and how I wonder if there will ever be another series as good ever again. Or if I’m in the middle of a series…having to wait 6 months to a year for the next book to be released. Torture. Double that if the book ends in a cliffie.
  5. Of course, there’s the times when as my friend Paula and I were discussing…someone’s going to take a test or do something that you’d normally wish them good luck on and instead you say “May the odds be ever in your favor.” And they just look at you with this blank, not registering look on their face.
  6. When you’re dying for a friend to read a book that you loved and for whatever reason they just don’t or won’t or whatever.
  7. When you’re problem isn’t not having a book to follow up the one you just finished, but determining which one out of the pile you already have will be the lucky winner to get started next.
  8. When real life responsibilities get in the way of reading time or finishing a book I want to read, I find myself battling a case of the irritables.
  9. Those times when people don’t know you’re a reader and ask you if you’ve read some popular book that you read ages ago and you’ve read like 50 better ones since then. Or when you overhear other people having a conversation about a book that you've read. You’re not exactly included in the conversation but you want to shout and jump up and down and say “You know nothing Jon Snow!”
  10. When someone doesn’t like a book that you loved and you want to punch them in the eye. Even if they only rated it slightly lower than you did. I still want to punch them in the face and tell them that they just didn’t “get” it. But alas, I mostly sit in silence and decide to never follow their reading advice again EVER. Until they love another book that I love and then we’re back to being best reading buds (in my mind anyway).

So what are your top book related problems? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. I love #6. Your passion for books matches mine. You just want to share, share, share the JOY! Ha. All good problems to have. Ashley at Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having to wait for the next book in a series, and then when the new book gets released I have to read all the previous ones too. This created problems for me when the 6th Mortal Instruments book was released and I had 5 books to re-read in like 2 days! I hate it when life gets in the way of my reading! I'm like "I don't care if I smell, I HAVE to finish this book!" My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YESSS! I have really wanted to jump in on book coversations that did not include me, because I have read it and want to give my opinion or because I haven't read it and want to know if its good. Happens just a few times, do it does. my ttt<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I'm fully aware than not everyone can read at the same speed and frequency that I do, but when I tell my friends that X book is AWESOME, I want them to read it immediately! :) Thanks for stopping by Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go back and re-read all the previous books in the series before the most recent release, but I've given that up. I do still re-read my favorite series, but I just don't have time to do that for every release in a series. :) Thanks for stopping by Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! All of these! The one about having more books on the TBR list than you could read in a year hurts me too. LOL Here's my list if you're interested. http://www.rexrobotreviews.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-book-related-problems-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! It hurts me too! :) Thanks for stopping by Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh to those real life responsibilities. *sniffs* JUST IGNORE THEM. HEheh. Okay maybe not. XD But I feel your pain, I do!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #3. Omigosh, yes. In spades. I think it would take me over a year to get through just the physical books in my possession (that I haven't read yet.) And that's not counting Kindle books. Too. Many. Books. Too. Little. Time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to that! :) HA! I wish I could just ignore them! :) Thanks for stopping by Cait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I wouldn't want to spoil it for her either, but you're like "COME ON! JUST FINISH IT!!!" :) Thanks for stopping by Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Isn't it funny? And especially considering that I don't plan on not getting anymore books to add to the ever growing pile! Thanks for stopping by Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've definitely butted my way into some book conversations before, but I usually feel kind of awkward about it! :) I can't help but share the love sometimes! Thanks for stopping by Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just talked to the girl who cut my hair today and she didn't even get a third way through Gone Girl yet and I so badly wanted to talk to her about it more! Argh, the urge to spoil made me hold my tongue!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete