Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Post - 196

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Husband was off work this week. That was so nice. Having him around the house just to spend time with, having an extra hand during the day with Baby Girl. All the good things. We took Baby Girl to the zoo for the first time on Thursday. I'm not sure she really looked at all of the animals. We'd point to the tiger and she'd keep turning her head to look at the waterfall. Either way, I know there was a lot for her to take in and lots of new things to experience. She never cried so I think she had a good time. Oh and she rode her first ride--the train around the zoo. I'm not sure that she knew what to think about that. Then Friday she turned 7 months old. I can't believe that we're almost through May already. I'm sorry if you guys get tired of reading about her each week, but seriously she's what my life is revolving around these days. And really it's only this short paragraph each week. I think I'm being rather restrained. *big cheesy smile* Saturday, we went with the extended family and various in-laws to the lake for fishing. We've never actually caught any fish, but we always have a good time just being around each other. I finished two books this week. I really have no idea how that happened, but I'll take it for sure. Still no new books. I'm not quite ready to add more to my pile just yet. Although I feel kind of sad each week to not feature any new beauties.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: DNF Review of Banished (Forbidden, # 2) by Kimberley Griffiths Little (DNF @ 54%)
Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Picked Up on a Whim
Wednesday: Waiting on Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
Saturday: Cover Doubles - # 3

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Mini Review of Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy, # 2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills
Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Feel Differently About Now That Time Has Passed
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday & 2016 Series Enders Reading Challenge - May Wrap Up

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2016 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2016 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment