Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Post - 213

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This week has been pretty normal. Tuesday I had a hair appointment, and so my mom came to babysit and spent the rest of the day with us. That was nice. There's really no other news to report. I haven't made much reading progress this week, and because of that, I haven't gotten any new books either. I missed my Waiting on Wednesday post this week because honestly I have been selective on the books I'm adding to my want to read list. There are plenty of books that I want to add my list, but I'm holding back. I don't like adding book 2s when I haven't read book 1s, and I don't like featuring books on my post that don't have covers or enough information released.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Crown (The Selection, # 5) by Kiera Cass (3 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten All Time Favorite Fantasy Books

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, # 1) by Simone Elkeles
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2016 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2016 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Yes I've occasionally done it with standalone books, but I still prefer not to. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! (Sorry I'm so late responding to comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I'm with you Sherry! I like series, but I like standalones too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, if I do read out of order sometimes it takes me a while to get straightened out and get them all read.. I've done that with the Stephanie Plum series. I've read books 1, 13.5, 15, 16. 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21. WHOOPS! :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Unless it's an autobuy author I really like waiting until I've read the first book because I might not want to continue the series after that. Hope you enjoyed your hair appointment...although at this point it might be time for another one since it took me so long to reply. :) WHOOPS! Thanks for stopping by Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend bought me a signed 2nd book in a series as a gift and I still haven't read book 1 and that's been years ago. Thanks so much Roberta. My husband made the header for me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete