Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Ten Books I Read Because of the Book Cover

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Ten Books I Read Because of the Book Cover.

Most of these books ended up being 3 Stars or less. But a few turned out to be gold nuggets. I've since learned more about my reading preferences and to look deeper than a pretty cover.

  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater's Daughter, # 1) by Melinda Salisbury
  2. A Thousand Nights by EK Johnston
  3. The Selection (The Selection, # 1) by Kiera Cass
  4. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, # 1) by Marissa Meyer
  5. Need (Need, # 1) by Carrie Jones
  6. Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, # 1) by Melissa Marr
  7. Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, # 1) by Maggie Stiefvater
  8. Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, # 1) by Melissa de la Cruz
  9. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, # 1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  10. Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Which books have you read based only on their covers? Which ones turned out to be great picks? And which ones were a waste of time? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also guilty of reading books based solely on a pretty cover, but I try not to do it too often! I was just at the library and I saw this gorgeous cover - I'd never heard of the book but it turned out to be pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to do it often as well. It can be really difficult to say no to such a gorgeous cover. Thanks for stopping by Angela! I'm sorry I'm so far behind on responding to comments!

    ReplyDelete