Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sunday Post - 10/22/17

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

You guys...we're 8 days out from Baby Boy's scheduled arrival! AH!!!! It's getting so close. On the one hand, I'm ready to have my body back to myself. Well...as much as possible with breastfeeding. But the mental and emotional struggles that come with having a newborn...and the changes of going from a family of three to a family of four. Well...ready or not, here we come! That being said, I've been determined to take it easy until he arrives. Monday we had a cold front move through and finally started to get some fall weather. Tuesday was normal grocery day. Wednesday, Little Girl and I went for a walk. That just might have been our last walk just the two of us. I'll be purchasing a double stroller with some gift cards that we've received so that we can continue our walks once Baby Boy arrives. Thursday, I had a doctor's appointment. Then Little Girl and I hung out with my mom for the rest of the day. Friday Little Girl turned 2!!!! Husband took off work for her birthday so that was nice. Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch and had a blast!

My annual "All Things Halloween" event is still going on--through the entire month of October--where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Kiss of Fire (Imdalind, # 1) by Rebecca Ethington (3 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for This Heart of Mine by CC Hunter

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, # 1) by Cassandra Clare
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2017 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. I'm doing a 31 Days Of Thrills And Chills feature for October. It sure gets exhausting, doesn't it. LOL So excited for you. I hope you share baby pictures:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think fondly of the time when I had one toddler and waited for my second child. He was born in October...many years ago.

    I loved walking in the fall and pushing the stroller. A cozy time.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're getting close! So excited for you. Looking forward to hearing more updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo so close!! Yes, I remember wanting my body back! LOL Keep us posted but in the meantime relax and read some good books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Congrats on nearly having Baby Boy!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, so happy for you!!! I hope you’ll post an update about it. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your books. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear everything is going great. :-)

    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, the countdown is really on! A belated happy birthday to your little one. 2 is such a fun age. Hope your week is of to a great star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh exciting times! Hope delivery goes amazingly smooth for you. :) I remember that day so fondly. *sigh* Now my baby is 18!! lol. Have a great week and do take care!

    ReplyDelete